Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Home.

We are home...back in Summit County...and very happy! With Brian only having to go to therapy twice a week, we decided to just make the commute instead of staying in Denver the whole time.

I can't thank my brother, Dan and his wife, Shannon, enough. They not only welcomed us into their home, but made us feel loved as well. The article from the Coeur d'Alene Press failed to mention that Dan and Shannon took Rowan (and Aspen) when I had to leave Colorado to be with Brian in Idaho. Luckily, my Mom was also in town (visiting and unrelated to the accident). Rowan had RSV and was on oxygen when this all went down. My Mom extended her stay to help with Rowan, and all of them took such good care of her. I couldn't have done this without them. After a week and half of not having Brian "back" yet, and not being with my daughter, I was having a really tough time. Dan flew Rowan out to Colorado to be with us and from that moment...it seemed like all had fallen into place.

Thank you again for all your love and support. I know I write this every time, but I really mean it!

Love,
Sarah, Brian and Rowan (writing from my own computer in my own home and smiling the whole time)

6 comments:

  1. Hooray!

    This is the best news. Coming home must have been such a great moment for Brian, and for you.

    Love,
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summit County!! Yea!!! It was GREAT calling the home number last night to speak with Brian and Sarah! I'd like to second the Thank you to Dan & Shannon, who welcomed us into their home with love.
    Welcome Home Brian, Sarah, Rowan and Aspen.
    Love,
    Mom & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News!!! And kudos to Dan and Shannon, whose generosity abounds. Welcome home! I truly remarkable journey.

    Mimi and Emil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welome Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We are so happy for all of you! Can just imagine how wonderful it was to sleep in your own bed (Rowan's crib) and shower in your own bathroom!
    Dan and Shannon are one in a million and a great gift. Love know no bounds and they embody that to the sky! Again, welcome home with wishes for continued gains in health and outcomes back to complete function. May God continue to bless you and keep you in the circle of His love!
    Love,

    Aunty Linda & Uncle Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never met you Brian but I have known Sarah since high school. You sound like such a strong person and have gone through soo much. I'm so happy for all of you to be on the road to recovery. I'm sure it wont always be easy but you are very lucky to have the support of your family and friends.

    Take care,
    Heidi Switala

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Click your heels together three times and say there's no place like home!!"

    Awesome news,

    Love to you all,

    Lisa, Norm, Campbell and Parker

    ReplyDelete