Sunday, July 5, 2009

We did it....

I think it was more important to me that we hiked the ridge for the 4th of July. We did it...and the fireworks were spectacular! As I wrote earlier, hiking was a promise that I made to Brian while he was still in the hospital, but I think it was a promise that I made to myself more than to Brian. I believe I set up this milestone in my own head to let me know that everything was going to be ok. I am so thankful that Brian is alive. I am so thankful that my family is able to share holidays together and to be able to do the things that we did before the injury. Things that were important to us and that we promised to teach and share with our daughter.

This was a big deal for me. I wish you could have all been there to see it.

Love,
Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Dad & I truly do know the importance of this day and this hike. We share in your joy and love. See you SOON!! Mom & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day for the three of you!! I love seeing the pictures! Lots of love,

    Mimi & Emil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cam read this to me on our drive home from Montana. Such a good post, Sarah. Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

    We're so so very happy for you guys.

    Love,
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How spectacular, thank you for sharing! You are a family that is an inspiration to everyone. Your love, strength and determination shows us what life is truly about!

    We love you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers each and every day!

    Love,

    Linda & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like "Independance Day" is truly a celebration for our country and our family. Thank you for sharing We all love you and think of you everyday.
    The Bougneit Family
    Chandler Arizona

    ReplyDelete